Get the 2019 NEW Price NOW!
Outdoor LED Billboard
1. Pixel pitch: 3.33/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 8/ 10.
2. Brightness: 5500-8500nits/m2.
3. Material: Steel/ Magnesium.
4. IP rate: IP65 front, IP54 back.
5. Maintenance way: Front/ back service
6. Application: Outdoor commercial place, supermarket, shopping mall, bank, hotel, etc.
Recently done project
1. Pixel pitch: 10mm.
2. Screen Size: 2.88m(W) x 5.12m(H).
3. Maintenance way: Front service
4. Destination: Sweden.
5. Total cost: $16,000.
6. Application: Outdoor LED advertising billboard.
Outdoor LED screen specifications
|Ingress Protection||IP||IP65 front/ IP54 back|
|Module Dimension||in/mm||12.6×6.3/ 320×160||10×51/ 256×128||12.6×6.3/ 320×160||7.56×7.56/ 192×192||10×51/ 256×128||12.6×6.3/ 320×160||6.3×6.3/ 160×160|
|Cabinet Dimension||in/mm||Customized/ Multiply by the size of led modules|
|Cabinet Resolution||Pixel||Customized/ Multiply by the resolution of led modules|
|Module Maintenance||N/A||Front/ Back access|
|Cabinet Material||N/A||Steel/ Magnesium alloy|
|Cabinet Weight||KG||55/ 30KG/m2|
|Color Temperature||Deg.K||4,500-8,500 Adjustable|
|Viewing Angle H||Deg.||140|
|Viewing Angle V||Deg.||140|
|Power Consumption(Max/Avg)||W/m2||800/250 ( Estimate )|
|Storage Tem.||F/C||-4 ~ 140F/-20C ~ +60C|
|Storage Humidity||RH||10% ~ 85%|
|Operating Tem.||F/C||-4F ~ 140F/-20C ~ +60|
|Operating Humidity||RH||10% ~ 85%|
|Lift time(50% brightness)||Hour||100,000|
|Control Mode||N/A||Video Sync|
Outdoor LED Display: The Ultimate Guide
An outdoor LED display in technical terms, is a device that uses an array of light-emitting diodes as pixels to display videos or images.
The technology has improved significantly over the past several years that it has greatly impacted the performance of LED screens. You can mainly see outdoor LED displays being used as billboard signs. It is also being used as store signs.
They are more preferred as advertisement display medium because of the crisp and vivid images that they display. There are also other benefits to using outdoor LED display, which we will talk about in this article.
Chapter 1 Benefits of Outdoor LED screens
For marketing purposes, fixed billboards will actually serve you well if you want to get your product across a lot of potential customers. But ordinary fixed billboards can only do so much. Whereas an outdoor LED display has the following advantages:
- The videos or images can be updated quickly. Compared to a fixed billboard, with an LED display, the administrator can simply change the advertising content of the outdoor display at any time. It is also very easy to change the content. Always advertising is the theme of LED displays.
- More creative options for advertising. Since the format of the advertising is videos, naturally, you don’t have to rely on one stagnant content. Thus, your advertising material becomes more enjoyable than traditional advertising. There will be a domino effect because your ad will become wider and more attractive. Then hopefully, a more attractive ad will translate into more potential customers. After all, that’s what your goal is right?
- Energy saving and environmental protection. The technology used in outdoor led displays is not only energy-saving and environmentally friendly, but it also allows for all day use. It is designed to fully adapt to various harsh outdoor environments. So naturally, its components are made of anti-corrosion, waterproof, moisture-proof, lightning-proof and shockproof materials. Overall though, the reason why it becomes a cost-effective display device is that it doesn’t use up a lot of energy to function.
- Custom size. The great thing about outdoor LED display screens is that they can be made to be any size according to the needs of the installation site. What happens is, they will just combine a specific number of LED panels according to how many will fit the installation site. This way, you won’t be stuck with an LED display that will either be too big or too small.
- Allows you to play different advertisements. Another great advantage of using an LED display as a billboard is it can play videos, pictures, text, and sounds (if needed). So, even one LED display will allow you to advertise several different products. In effect, you can make money out of it by offering to play different ads from different renters in just one LED display screen.
- More profitable than a conventional billboard. Speaking of making business about it, the revenue of the outdoor LED display is charged in seconds. Therefore, the most practical thing to do is to rotate the advertisements of different businesses (unless they request that their ad will be the only one displayed). Usually, the regular display will be charged on a quarterly or yearly basis. Of course, you can arrange it where you can only show ads for one or a few businesses at the same time and no competing will be in the same slot.
- Can be used for different purposes. Outdoor LED displays can be used not only to play advertisements but also to be used to place movies on advertisements. It can even be used to insert advertisements when playing movies. It’s a popular way to attract more traffic. There are of course non-commercial applications for LED displays, like using them as an LED wall for outdoor events.
Chapter 2 What are the application of outdoor LED screens?
There are two main applications of outdoor LED screens. Here they are:
- Of course, the main purpose of this device is to make money. A lot of people use it for advertising purposes. Instead of using a normal billboard, the use of the outdoor LED screen to display the ads of different businesses.As stated above, a business can “rent” out a slot and have their ad played. The logic is pretty much the same as a regular billboard. The only difference is, you can display different advertisements with just one LED screen. In effect, you earn more compared to if you rented out a regular billboard.
- It is for playing the movies, mostly for the square and vacation village. Well, this is pretty self-explanatory. Outdoor LED screens can be used to play movies outdoors.You’ll often see this in vacation villages or village squares. Again, it’s a better option because it doesn’t consume as much electricity. So, the power bill won’t be as high. That’s why it is a viable option.
Chapter 3 How many control ways for outdoor LED screens?
If you are wondering how many ways you can control these LED screens, the answer is two. There is the synchronous control and the asynchronous control. Here’s the difference between the two.
When we say synchronous control, in layman’s terms, it is a way to display images or videos on an LED screen using an outside input source.
Outside sources include computers, DVD or Blu-Ray players, cameras, VCRs, etc. This can be done by using a synchronous control card.
This control card will always need to be connected to the LED screen for the screen to display videos and images.
This type of control system is mainly used in indoor and outdoor advertising display, stage LED display, sports LED display, and studio LED display.
An asynchronous control system, on the other hand, will not require an outside source to display the video. The key here is that the LED screen will always be able to work separately.
What happens is the videos or images will be edited on a computer. It will then be sent to the control card via a UTP cat5 cable, a USB disk, a WiFi connection, 3G wireless or others form of data transmission.
Once the control card receives the data successfully, it will save it on its memory and you can now cut off the connection. It will then just keep playing the videos or images until you turn it off.
This is an ideal setup If the control computer is very far from the LED display or if the installation position is not convenient for wiring. It is usually being used for shop entrance LED display, small size LED signs, roadside LED display, or outdoor advertising.
Chapter 4 How to choose the right outdoor LED screens?
Now, this is a more important question because it involves choosing the right outdoor LED screen. This is very crucial because you will want to ensure you get the right one for your needs. Here are six factors that will matter most when choosing the outdoor LED screen to use.
When choosing an outdoor LED screen, the cabinet of the outdoor LED screen is a very important part, mainly for outdoor installation environments.
When you go looking for an outdoor LED screen, you have to make sure that the cabinet that it is using be waterproof. Anything less than that will simply not do.
Since you will be placing it outdoors, then naturally it will be exposed to rain, moisture, and sunlight.
When it has a waterproof cabinet, then naturally, that would mean it is sealed properly so no water can get in. When it is also sealed properly, dust and moisture won’t be able to get in too.
And as you know, when these elements get inside, it will start causing problems for your LED screen. So that’s the first thing you need to consider.
Lightning protection device
An outdoor LED screen should have a way to ground itself since it will be placed outdoors. Chances are when the weather isn’t good, it might get hit by lightning.
When there is no lightning protection device, it will short circuit the LED screen. You have to makes rue that the grounding resistance is less than 3 ohms so that the power source can be discharged in time by a large current.
Cooling system equipment
When you are choosing an outdoor LED screen, you need to make sure that it must also have a cooling system.
This is important because it can sometimes get hot during noontime and it will cause parts of the motherboard of the LED screen to expand if the temperature is not maintained.
Normally, overheating shouldn’t be a problem for LED screens. But since it will be placed outside, it should have a cooling system to control the temperature.
Keep in mind that the internal temperature of the LED screen should be between -10 degrees to 40 degrees.
When you are choosing an LED screen, you will need to factor in its brightness. Remember that it will be placed outdoors and brightness will play an important factor in being able to display a clear image.
It should be bright enough so that even if it’s during the day, the video or images can be seen clearly. Also, the height of the installation place, natural sun brightness, and installation environment will also contribute to the clarity factor of the videos.
So you need to talk to your supplier about these things before you buy one.
Another important factor when you choose the outdoor billboard LED display is how they are maintained.
There are two ways for the maintenance procedure of an LED display, the front access, and rear access.
Whether or not you have space to repair the outdoor billboard from the rear after the installation will factor on which one you should choose.
Usually, we recommend an LED screen that can be easily cleaned. If it’s possible, make sure it has front and rear access.
You already know what the control systems are. You have to choose which one you prefer. For more convenience, the asynchronous control is a better choice.
They just typically cost more than the synchronous control type. So that’s that.
Chapter 5 How to clean Outdoor LED screen?
1. Luckily, the first thing that needs to be done is to have the LED module semi-finished products cleaned.
We say luckily because the manufacturer will be the one doing it and not you. What happens is when the LED module is only a semi-finished product without a shell, it has to be cleaned with special washing water.
The manufacturer will have to stain it with some washing water and then brush it to accelerate the dissolution of the rosin and the flux detachment. This will then remove dust and impurities.
2. The second step is where your part starts.
The LED electronic display should be cleaned after the installation. After installation, there will naturally be dust and impurities that will accumulate.
That’s why you need to clean the surface of the LED display with clean water to remove different types of dirt. The surface can be cleaned but you have to be extra careful. You can use a cleaning agent if you have one.
3. You need to make sure you have a steady supply or access to cleaning materials. The cleaning agent and special equipment required for outdoor LED display cleaning are as follows:
LED display cleaning solution: It protects the LED screen against dust and will not cause screen damage. It is the best choice to replace chemical cleaners.
LED display repair agent: This product has several purposes. It serves as the glazing agent that makes the LED display bright just like when it is out of the box.
At the same time, it has anti-static, dust-proof and anti-corrosion functions that will get rid of dust easily. It usually has a PH value of 7.5, so that it won’t cause damage to the LED display screen.
Special tools: spraying machine, pneumatic brush, cleaning brush, etc.
Cleaning platform: You can either choose to build a scaffolding, steel frame or hanging basket. Aerial work vehicles can also be used.
Dust removal. The direction of where the dust is blown should be the same, from left to right or right to left. You can use a professional electric brush to clean dust or dirt from the surface of the display module.
Cleaning: You have to spray the special cleaning solution onto the surface of the module for preliminary cleaning.
Secondary dust removal: You need to use a professional electric brush to clean the dust off the LED display module again.
Keep in mind that the brush needs to be replaced for this cleaning. You can reuse the brushes but they must be cleaned to avoid recontamination.
Secondary cleaning: Spray the special cleaning liquid onto the surface of the module. This is done to remove the dust left by the secondary dust removal.
If there isn’t much dirt, it can be sprayed with clean water. Just make sure to maintain the direction from top to bottom or right to left.
Blow dry: If you can’t dry it naturally, the surface of the display screen needs to be blown dry. Just make sure you blow dryer isn’t very hot because it might damage the screen.
Use the sprayer to spray the special repair liquid evenly to the surface of the display.
Air drying: You can let it dry naturally if the conditions are suitable. In the case of high temperature and humidity, it can be blown dry with an air gun. Just make sure the air pressure is below 3 kg.
Chapter 6 How to install the Outdoor LED screen?
Basically, there are three ways to do it, depending on how it will be used. It can either be installed by hanging, wall mount or standing on the floor.
If you see other methods of installing it, you don’t need to worry, they are just a variant of these three main methods. Here’s how they are done.
When it comes to hanging installation, the first thing you need to make sure is that the screen you will be using is light enough and you’ve got a suitable place to hang it.
You will have to make sure that the LED screen you will be using can be hanged. LED screens that have this capability usually come with locks to hold them into place above.
They are locked into a metal hanger with the help of those locks. Bear in mind that when the screen is installed outdoors or even semi-outdoors, the wind force should be calculated just for safety.
Wall Mount Installation
For wall mount installations, it is a bit simpler. You will have to use a frame that will be bolted on the wall. This is actually the most common installation method for both indoor and outdoor LED screens.
The frame will hold the LED screen. You simply need to attach the LED screen to the frame using the wall mount slot and wall mount locks of the LED screen.
Before you start doing that, however, remember that the total weight of the screen and the weight of the frame should not be heavier than the maximum weight that the wall can bear.
So whatever you do, don’t mount the LED screen on a very thin wall.
Standing On The Floor Installation
Well, this is a fairly easy way of installing the LED screen. If you are going to use it indoors, all you have to do is place the LED screen on top of the stand that is provided.
You just need to make sure that the stand is placed on even ground. If you are going to install it outdoors, this will usually involve giant LED screens.
There are two ways you can do this. You can either use a unipole type or double-column type.
When you go the unipole type route, you will normally require that the size of the screen should be less than 30 square meters.
As the name suggests, only one pole is needed to hold the screen up. For the double-column type, it can hold an LED screen that is about 100 square meters at most.
The poles will have some sort of frame to hold the screen into place. All you have to do is lock it in place. The good news is, for this kind of installation, it won’t be possible to do it on your own.
You will really need help from several people. We recommend you hire professionals.
Chapter 7 How do I install the outdoor led screen as I am new in this industry?
After I bought the LED display, how do I install it?
1. About how to install it:
The good thing is, In many countries and regions, there are companies that will do the work for you.
If you don’t know much about this industry, we can recommend our partners to help you install your outdoor LED display. Just hit us up.
2. About how to use and operate:
The good news is, we will provide online remote technical support, we can teach you how to use the LED display.
If you don’t like going that route, we have very clear video tutorials as well as articles that will guide you on how to use and operate your LED display screens.
You can also browse our blog to learn how to use LED display screens correctly. Third, once you become our customer, you can actually visit our factory and have our guys teach you.
Lastly, if you want to work in this industry for a long time, you can become one of our dealers. We will send technology every year and your company will train your technology on site.